Coaching vacancies – Hamilton Buccaneers youth team
October 24th, 2019
We’re looking for coaches to join the staff of our Hamilton-based youth contact and flag teams.
Interested candidates should:
- Be over 18 and hold a minimum BAFCA Level 1 coaching qualification for contact coaching or be prepared to work towards this at the earliest opportunity
- Have existing coaching experience or clearly show how their skills and experience from playing football or coaching another sport would be transferable
- Be a confident, approachable and enthusiastic person, able to support and get the best from young people aged 9-13 for cadet flag or 13-16 for contact of differing levels of ability and experience
- Be committed and passionate about being part of the Hamilton Buccaneers coaching staff, attend regular practices (Sundays 3-5pm from January to March and Sundays 10am-12pm from April until November annually, plus Wednesday evenings 7-9pm from April to August for contact only) as well as attend four Saturday afternoon tournaments from April – August, including away travel to Inverness for youth contact.
- Be a good communicator and able to build positive relationships with young players, other coaches, club staff and club parents
What’s in it for you?
You’ll get to join a successful, well-supported and well-funded team with strong numbers.
We invest in our coaching staff by paying for coach education and subsidising attendance at coaching clinics and the annual BAFCA convention.
By joining our Hamilton Buccaneers staff, you’ll get to be part of one of the country’s oldest and most successful American Football clubs – the East Kilbride Pirates – made up of seven teams and over 280 players, coaches and staff. We’re always pushing to be better and create new opportunities for our members and we have a regular calendar of club social events.
If you’re interested email Head Coach Kris Nunn at firstname.lastname@example.org with an overview of your coaching experience and why you want to be part of the Hamilton Buccaneers by before Sunday 10 November.
Please note, this is an unpaid voluntary position and successful candidates will be subject to a PVG check via Disclosure Scotland.
Share this article